Attractiveness & Diversity
To achieve its goals of excellence, Prayon wants to attract talented individuals who share its values and ambitions.
Contribution of this pillar to the Sustainable Development Goals
Our key indicators
- Percentage of people with permanent contracts with less than two years’ seniority who left the company in relation to the number of people with permanent contracts on December 31 of the reference year;
- Percentage of individuals with adapted or modified workplaces in relation to the overall number of workers.
Attracting people to its jobs is a major challenge for Prayon within the general context of a shortage of qualified personnel.
Prayon works with many training centers, schools and universities, including: PTS Boom, Sjabi Puurs, Sint Carolus Sint Niklaas, TA Willebroek, CVO Lokeren (Puurs), Haute Ecole de la Province de Liège, Technifutur, ULiège (Engis), Lycée Professionnel François Verguin in Roussillon, Université de Lorraine (Les Roches).
These collaborations take on the form of job days, internships, dissertations, conferences and site visits, allowing students to discover the variety of jobs and career opportunities within the group.
Prayon has an average employee seniority rate of 16.8 years. By offering high-quality jobs at attractive rates of pay compared to average gross salaries in the manufacturing sector, Prayon is able to retain its employees.
Diversity is cultivated at Prayon and is reflected in the following commitment: “We believe in the value of difference and see it as an important asset for Prayon. The diverse backgrounds of our staff stimulate creativity and enable us to better understand our customers. We encourage initiatives that promote diversity in all aspects of our teams: gender equality, a mix of ethnic and social backgrounds, a place for young people and senior citizens, and the integration of people with disabilities”.
This commitment is an integral part of the Code of Ethics and applies to all Prayon Group staff, i.e. members of the Management Committee, the Leadership Council, managers, employees and workers, whether they are on contract, temporary, full-time, or part-time1 . It applies not only to hiring, but also to decisions about training, promotion, job retention and working conditions in general.
Prayon also attaches great importance to being able to offer adapted or modified jobs to employees who have difficulty continuing in their initial position due to health problems. These adaptations and/or adjustments are crucial for enabling our employees to continue their careers within the Group.
- Suppliers and partners with whom Prayon works are asked to read this Code and comply with it
Our achievements in 2022
- The KPI for this pillar (Percentage of people with permanent contracts with less than two years’ seniority who left the company in relation to the number of people with permanent contracts on December 31 of the reference year) remains particularly favorable at 1.65%, demonstrating Prayon’s attractiveness as an employer;
- Creation of a new and more appealing website describing the hiring process in the “employment” section;
- Establishment of a partnership with interim agencies for the site in Les Roches;
- Organization of a day of reception for children from the commune of Saint-Georges-sur-Meuse within the context of the “Place aux enfants” day, aimed at discovering the world of chemistry.