As a responsible and sustainable company, the Prayon Group continuously develops a culture of risk management, considering both internal factors (industrial risks, protection of people and the environment, etc.) and external factors (climate and health risks, etc.) as part of a controlled and resilient value chain.
Contribution of this pillar to the Sustainable Development Goals
Our key indicators1
- Percentage of identified critical risks considered in an action plan;
- Number of annual process incidents at production sites.2
- Risks relating to the safety of people (staff, temporary workers, subcontractors) are dealt with under pillar 6. Safety & Well-being
- This indicator has been calculated since 1/1/2023 and will be included in future reports
As our production sites are subject to REACH and SEVESO (or equivalent) regulations, the culture of industrial risk is omnipresent within the Prayon Group and is particularly reflected in:
- Internal financial / operational and QSE audits based on an annual schedule and a 5-year masterplan;
- Annual crisis cell, traceability, and product recall exercises based on safety/environmental and food safety crisis manuals;
- HACCP food safety analysis and HAZOP / LOPA security analysis.
Our risk prevention and control processes also benefit from the most convincing certifications subject to third-party audits.
|Referential||Theme||Current version||System||Product||Group (Corporate)||Engis||Puurs||Roches||Auditor|
|EMAS||CET Environment||2018||x||CET||Veritas office|
|ISO 45001||Health & Safety||2018||x||x||x||x||x||DNV|
|ISO 22000||Food safety||2018||x||x||Bi||x||x||DNV|
|FSSC 22000||Food safety||5.1||x||PTA||x||x||DNV|
|HAS 23000||Halal||1||x||x||x||x||x||Halal Control|
|Kosher||x||x||x||x||Rabbi of Antwerp|
|AEO||Customs + Security||x||x||x||x||x||Custom|
Our achievements in 2022
- Level 6 (‘Unacceptable’ – 7 identified) and level 5 (‘Critical’ – 31 identified) risks are covered by an action plan, which represents a 100% coverage rate;
- Level 4 risks (‘Moderate’ – 88 identified) have been considered and 72% of these have been targeted by an action plan;
- The risks induced by climate change, such as changes in the flow of rivers used for transportation, changes in the temperature of water used for cooling systems, storms, the effects of weather on the dispersion of particles in the air, the impact of higher temperatures, etc. are considered in our approach;
- Faced with the worrying evolution of cybercrime in Europe and in the world (42% of Belgian companies faced some form of cyberattack in 20213 ), a new IT security strategy has been implemented and tested via 3 security audits.
- Le Soir, 04/02/2022